THE 2012 London Olympics are the enemy of democracy and anarchists must protest against them, despite draconian threats from the state.
That's the forceful message from a new post on the Rebel Cleaners blog.
It says: "While company directors, corrupt politicians and bankers are comfortably seated together to supervise and reap profits from the labour of others (how capitalist!) we'll still be on the streets showing that we're strong, we're angry and that these bastards are losing their control over us.
"Now, there is something that our rulers absolutely do not want broadcasting around the world. There'll be no shortage of cameras about, as pretty much every news agency in the world will be operating here in Britain this summer.
"It's not hard to see why the rich are so worried. Protests, direct action, strikes and the like are set to undo every bit of material gain they're hoping to raid from the Olympic Games.
"How can the rich push the sponsors if the TV cameras are showing pictures of people angry at those exact same sorts of mega-corporations?
"How can the rich get their billionaire buddies to travel to Britain to spend their cash in London's fancy hotels and restaurants, if these places are under threat of being attacked by black bloc tactics?
"How can the British government continue to dictate to Greece and other countries through the IMF and EU about their economic policies when the people riot against British economic policy?
"How can foreign policy be enforced when TV screens from Hong Kong to Houston are showing pictures of people critical to these policies?
"The answer is, they can't. So, prepare to kiss your fantasy of legitimate protest goodbye."
The blog lists various measures being taken by the British state to ensure that the corporate, not people's, voices are heard this summer:
- Protests near to the Olympic sites are to be banned. We've already seen bans on protests enforced in parts of London, under the façade of anti-fascism. It's also looking like the legislation is being expanded to include new powers to the police to attack protesters wherever they may be, with encampments such as that at St Paul's or Parliament Square targeted in particular..
- Display, production, or even possession of posters, leaflets, which critises the government, Olympics, or sponsors has been criminalised. Just printing this article authorises the police to break in, seize your computer, search your home and arrest you for it. Sorry about that.
- 13,500 soldiers to be deployed to "maintain order", including drones, the Royal navy's biggest aircraft carrier, a dozen Eurofighter Typhoons and several attack helicopters mounting tank killing missiles. Oh and a cute jingoistic Nuremberg Rally style military parade too.
- Total control of the media. Reporters or networks that report anything that does not fit into the corporate plan, are threatened with being shut down and having their license (yes, license) to write, or broadcast, what's going on, revoked.
- The push to further militarise the police, by giving them new powers to disperse protest quicker and new weapons such as tasers, water cannons, rubber bullets and chemical warfare agents.
Keep up to date with the global insurrection - follow VM on Twitter.